Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's been awhile eh?

We have a new team of Stanley Cup champions (congrats dudes, you deserve it!) and a new 2010-11 NHL schedule to break down.

First off, the Chicago Blackhawks seem like an awesome bunch of dudes to hang out with, and then the cup gets thrown in there with them, and it's like MAJOR PARTY TIME. I'm sure it has been like that for every team that has won in the history of winning, but they are a pretty young team, so they just seem so energetic and...sparky. I want to hang with that team and that cup (sigh) for a day and just get into major shenanigans. Yep.

The NHL Awards are tomorrow, and we have two guys there to represent us, and two that will hopefully bring these trophies back with them. Myers is pretty much the talk of the Calder, so I think that is pretty much a sweep, but you can never get too over sure about these things. Ryan Miller is also high up for the Vezina, but, we shall see. I hope for both of them though that they win.

Then the draft party is Friday at the arena which I am pretty excited about. Hell, I'm just excited to go to the arena again. It's been a long 2+ months since I saw my last game there, and I just need to go back. Should be a fun night.

The 2010-11 NHL schedule was announced today, and all I have to say is that I need to see the Sabres play the Blackhawks. That just has to happen this season. I would also like to see them play the Devils, Penguins, Flyers (heh, gotta take the boy to this one) and the Kings. I already printed out the schedule and highlighted "games of importance" so that I will know what I need to get tickets for. Yes, I am some sort of nerd.

So in these 100+ days until regular season starts up again (ughh, really? doesn't count pre-season though...) I will take hockey fixes where I can get them, like in these type of things. It's even come down to me missing that stupid Geico commercial with the caveman zamboni driver and Mike Green. Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment