Monday, November 15, 2010

Sabres vs. Vancouver Canucks

Ok ok, so we won, in overtime, again. I like that we are actually WINNING, that is good, but does it have to be so down to the wire guys? Do we have to give up leads and screw things up in regulation every damn time? I would like a real regulation win, just to see if you guys can still do it, come on.

Exciting game though, one of the first ones in a long time in my opinion. They started off on a lead pretty early, and it looked good, like we actually would just win this flat out and be ok for once, and that things were on the right track again.

Then dumb penalties come, and the lead is lost, then taken again, then lost again and all that crap. It was a fast paced game though and the back and forth actually makes it more fun to watch sometimes, so I guess it was worth it.

Couple things:

-Ryan Kesler's face dive thing over the goalie and into the net...owww. It looked worse than I guess it turned out to be, but still. It had the potential to be really bad, thankfully it wasn't

-Tyler Ennis is still on fire and doing his thing out there and everyone loves it. Keep up the good work Menace.

-Tyler Myers overtime goal was a beautiful thing, and I'm glad he got it. Seems a lot of people have been down on him lately (which I don't get b/c he is nowhere near awful, but that's another story), so it was good for him to get that. After that penalty he took too that got us scored on, I think he redeemed himself there.

-Cody McCormick got his 3rd goal of the season which is awesome, and I really think he is far too underrated. He is out there all the time kicking ass as needed, and he scores here and there on top of it. Not huge numbers, but he is a good part of the team just the same. He deserves the recognition for a job well done.

-Ryan Miller has been back and I think that helps out the team a lot to know he's there. Enroth did well for us I think, as well as you can when you don't play in the NHL on a regular basis, but we needed Miller. Injuries still have Stafford and Gerbe out, so Ellis is still here until Stafford returns. I hope they all come back soon because I miss seeing them play. Kaleta left the game with some sort of upper body injury and didn't return, so who knows what that will turn into. I just hope it isn't too serious. We need all the guys back and healthy now more than ever.

All in all, good game, but I get so crazy when they celebrate nutty like this was something huge. You won, that is what you are supposed to do, and a lot more often than you are if you want to be on the road to any post season next spring. I get you are all proud, but you need to buckle down and win more, and be more consistent with it. Clutch wins will only get us so far. Please don't keep taking these games to overtime and shootouts, just win flat out a bit, please? I am proud though, so I guess you can go out tonight and party if you want, just not too much. Haha. Game on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment