Thursday, June 23, 2011

Weirdo trade day.

I think the Flyers just wanted to make things more interesting today or something because they went all crazy and traded away two of their BIG name guys. Granted, getting Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds in their place isn't shabby at all, but wow. It came out of nowhere it seems. Jeff Carter went to Columbus (odd) and well, I think hell is breaking loose in the Flyers fanbase. If the Sabres did something like that it would be crazy. There is some talk here and there about Robyn Regehr coming here from Calgary if he will waive his no trade clause, and then someone said someone wants Roy, then it was Weber, it's like geez. No one will know what happens till it happens, so it's crazy to even listen to much of anything that is just rumored.

I was just hoping we could get rid of Tim Connolly (long time coming people, let's just do this ok?) and maybe a few others and pick up Parise (haha I can dream can't I?) and then things would be nice and sunny. If Mike Richards would have came to Buffalo that could have been nice, a new shiny captain all ready to go, no assembly required! Man. Oh well, who knows what will happen for the Sabres as of this moment, but it will just get crazier as July 1st approaches and after.

Oh and Boston won the Stanley Cup. Eh. I like Timmy Thomas, he's amazingly talented and awesome. The rest of the team...nah. I felt bad for Vancouver just like I feel bad for every team that makes it that far and loses. Oh well, that's how it goes.

Draft day is tomorrow and I will be going to HSBC arena for the first time since January for something hockey related. I am excite(d). :) Schedule was also released today, and the Sabres DO NOT PLAY THE BLACKHAWKS AT HOME THIS SEASON, ONLY AWAY. Ok, grand, how do I get myself to Chicago in January huh? Lammeee. Now I will not see my western conference boys up close for a whole season. Sucks, sucks, sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment