Monday, July 2, 2012

Bye Derek!

The guy has just been here so long, it's just that...I don't know how to feel about this. He was always just a big piece of the puzzle then something just...stopped. I think he honestly just needs a new team, new coach, new atmosphere, and I bet he will do really well. I think Dallas will be glad to have him. He can do great things, we've seen them here, and he can become a key guy when you need him. Good luck in Texas Royzie!

We got Steve Ott and Adam Pardy in exchange, and I honestly don't know much about either. I know Ott is a big guy, I have heard his name thrown around for maybe a fight or getting into it with someone, but not much else, just because we really don't play Dallas a lot either. Another big guy, which I guess is what Darcy was looking for it seems, but he will actually play more minutes than Scott will see it seems, and that's good.

If the Sabres will make any more moves is still to be seen, but now rumors are swirling that they might do a lot more than expected. So who knows, time will tell.

It will just be kind of weird to not see Roy out there, just like it was when Gaustad left. Not seeing players you have seen for years on end and then one day they are just gone. Like if Pominville or Vanek ever left, it would be the same thing. It will be weird in the fall for sure when the season starts and there are all these new faces out there. So yeah, next season shall be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment