Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sabres vs. Blackhawks in Chicago

Ok, well despite the fact we lost, AGAIN (ughh much?), this game was somewhat better than the last couple. They were trying really hard, and they got ahead for most of the game, then it just slipped away enough for them to not be able to get it back.

I still feel like sometimes Patrick Lalime is way under prepared to handle things. Maybe he will play more this year, but he did pretty well in goal tonight. Everyone knew Miller would need a night off at some point, and so there it was. It's not like we lost 8-2 or something, but it was still a loss. It'll get better Patty, don't worry, I still have faith in you.

Cody McCormick was a beast out there and I love it. He scored his first goal as a Sabre and was just generally up in everybody's business tonight. Between him and Gaustad, there was enough fiestyness for everyone.

Speaking of Mr. Gaustad, nice goal tonight man, I like it. His 53rd of his career, and his little hug celebration with Gerbe was just too cute to ignore. Too awesome to ignore was his flat out "f you!" to Brent Seabrook at the end of the game when a couple guys got into it. That was too classic and made me laugh. If I needed a reminder why he's my favorite player (I didn't though) that would be it. haha.

Drew Stafford is still out there kickin' butt and I'm glad for him. It will get complainers off his back and put the complainers back in their place, because come on, there are other top guys on this team to blame for things. I won't name names, we all know who they are....dodododo.

The effort fell short tonight a little and we had to hear "Chelsea Dagger" too many damn times, but it will get better, I have to believe that for my own sanity. We don't play again until Wednesday in Atlanta, so maybe some more practices will have the guys looking even better and we can win one maybe? Sometime soon would be good. Just one guys, for us, come on. Game on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment