Wednesday, October 20, 2010

We won???!!

Yeah, it finally happened, it had to eventually...haha. The Thrashers really aren't that good to begin with, but I thought all the ex-hawks would have put up a little bit more of a fight tonight. The arena just looked pathetic, I don't know if I would be happy or sad about that. On one hand, you could go to a game for probably pretty cheap and not have a ton of people around you all packed in and have some nice space. Butttt, there probably isn't a lot of energy in that arena, seeing as there is hardly anyone there. Pros and cons people.

Thomas Vanek got his first goal of the season! Woo! I don't know why it was so much put upon him to get a goal, I guess cause he's one of the top forwards, but so is Connolly and he does NOTHING half the time, so yeahhh. He seemed relieved about it, and I'm sure this will shut some people up, for a little bit at least. There was also a nice goal by Cody McCormick and Tyler Ennis and I think also one from Tyler Myers, so it was a good night for a lot of guys.

Not so much for Steve Montador who was pushed around, hit in the face, bled somewhat, etc. Geez. I don't know if they had it out for him or what, but yikes. He took it all like a trooper though.

I was also glad to see Kev Slyvester interview Jason Pominville in the intermission. He looks really good and is getting better and will hopefully be back in the line-up soon. They were like "let's replay the video from that night" I'm like oh whyyy are we doing this? It makes me so creeped out every time, and just seeing him on that stretcher makes me nervous. No need to replay the video a million times thanks.

So next game is back home vs. Ottawa. Oh boy. I think we may need to prepare for this one, as we may very well get our asses handed to us, we shall see. We beat them once, but I still think that was a fluke...haha. Hopefully we can keep winning for awhile longer, it feels nice. Game on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment