Friday, April 15, 2011

Sabres vs. Flyers--Game 1

Last night's game was majorly nutty and weird, no scoring on the Flyers part? Odd.

We can thank Miller for that, he was amazing in my opinion. Without him, I don't know how that game would have played out. Much, much worse is my guess. Buttt, we won! Miller also got a playoff shutout which is awesome.

Some are saying that the lone goal scored by Patrick Kaleta (PK!! :) was lucky and kind of a weak one for "Bob" to have let in. I don't know. I guess it seems like at times the Sabres were begging to be scored on. All the penalties (come on guys, just stop with those) and giving up the puck, shots on goal being lower at times, etc. It was just an overall ODD game for me. It was pretty exciting, but a lot of the time with the stopping because of fighting or scrapping or whatever, I am just like come onnn, stop it and let's play. A good fight or whatever once in a while is ok, but come on. Pushing and shoving every time the whistle blows is a little bit much.

Having one game won, and in Philly no less, is good because it is part of the battle won for us. There is still a lot to go though, and we have to play there again tomorrow, and it is pretty crucial to win and keep it up coming back to Buffalo for Monday. To have TWO wins and then be back home seems like an ideal situation.

I really hate predictions. Would a lot of people predict their favorite team to take it all the way? Probably. Can you realistically say that you think that will happen? Like in your head, not your heart? Well it's hard because hockey involves both. Stats aside, keeping out eternal pessimists and all that, who knows what can happen. I will just leave it at that. Anything can happen at this point. Game on!

Oh and on an ending note: Steve Montador, stop it. I mean it. You are killin' me here man. :|

No comments:

Post a Comment