Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sabres vs. Bruins--Game 1

Wow. That game was just full of a lot of action I will say, and not even that much scoring action. Just more hits, checks, fighting, etc. These two teams are fired up to play each other, and for the playoffs in general. Going in, first game of the first series would have a lot of energy of course, and the hometown fans brought down the house too, which amps everyone up even more. It was a battle ground out there for a lot of the game, everybody wanted to get into it tonight, it was crazy.

Thomas Vanek, well, I was wrong about him I guess. I mean, yeah, for the better part of the season he was just ehhh, average. He wasn't doing anything special, and scoring at a pretty slow pace, nothing outstanding. Not like seasons prior when he was ending with 40 goals and upwards. After he was out for his injury and came back, he's been like a whole new player, it's amazing. He is delivering night after night, and we can always use that.

Craig Rivet also scored, which was more of a "WHOA" moment for me, but hey, playoffs are as good a time as any for players who don't usually produce to show that they can. His goal helped us keep the one goal lead that gave us the game as well. Yay for you captain!

I do not like Zdeno Chara, not at all. So what if you are freakishly tall? So is Tyler Myers. Not as tall as you, but geez, who is? Patrick Kaleta will stomp on your face, don't think he won't. He'll just have to pull you down to his level first, that's all. That Bruins coach has a lot of nerve to say he isn't afraid of Chara having to go face to face with Kaleta. I would be, the dude is a beast. I mean, he BLEEDS and SMILES during it. What is THAT??? You have a big stupid cage on your broken nose. You aren't that tough. If he didn't have that cast on this hand, he would have probably broken it again for you. So hmmpfff.

Ryan Miller was awesome, and it was kind of funny to watch him stand at the podium for the post-game press conference. He looked so tiny in that big hoodie, and also looked a little bit scared to be put in front of that firing squad of press. Not that he doesn't do it in the locker room, but it was just a weird new atmosphere. Rask and Miller are pretty much head to head in stats and all that, but Miller came out on top tonight. Random notes:

-The party in the plaza people are crazy. I was watching the news station broadcast from down there, and everyone wants to be on tv...haha.

-I don't really know why Chris Butler was scratched, and I really don't care.

-The playoff video at the beginning of the game was awesome and I love it. I hope they show it all the time.

-My dad gets really nervous during playoffs and sits on the edge of his chair, then yells at the tv, sits back, then returns to the edge of his chair....haha.

-If these guys are going to have playoff beards they better get to it. I mean, I know they just started, but I saw video of Drew Stafford at practice, and his is pretty damn full already. Come on guys!

Game 1 down, next game on Saturday at 1 (ehh) on NBC. I don't know if I will be able to watch any of it on tv, but if not, I will at least be able to hear it on the radio. Better than nothing I guess. Game on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment