Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sabres vs. A team way better than them (the Canadiens)

I don't even know what this was tonight. It was not a hockey game I can say that. Maybe one team was playing hockey, but the other team was doing something far from it. It was really painful to watch to be honest.

Teams have off nights, this is true. The Sabres have had two off nights in a row. Also by off, I mean WAYYY off, like I could have watched high school hockey being played and not known the difference. Ouch much boys? Well, you all deserve it.

Let's break down a few things:

-Connolly and Vanek are not there, that is well known. Butttt, just a few mere games ago this was all ok, more than ok at that point actually. We had fresh new talent from the minors up here and it was going well. Well, there are reasons those boys are still in the minors, maybe it has something to do with inconsistency. But then again, our own top 6 has problems with that, and they are full fledged NHL'ers and have been for years now. So now what do we say hmmm? Yeah, who knows.

-Tyler Myers is NOT going to be a perfect hockey player all the time, no matter what anyone wants to think, same for Ryan Miller. Now, that isn't trying to make excuses, but you can blame a few, and then you can blame the whole team, and tonight that whole team was to blame for that.

-More stupid penalties like for delay of game (this one still gets me every damn time) and slashing are just nuts, no need boys, now come onnn.

-The fact that those Canadiens stayed on the Sabres like glue didn't help. No breathing room huh boys? That's what they wanted. Everytime you turned around, stumbled, fell over yourself (or a goalie) and they were there. Got you a little irritated too hmmm? Which all boiled down to that thing at the end with Gaustad, Montador, and wayyy too many Montreal guys for Gaustad to take on by himself. I'm sure he used enough profanity tonight to make a sailor blush, and rightfully so. I think I did the same.

This all boiled down to no goals from the Sabres, and Jaroslav Halak getting his 2nd shutout in a row. Boy Buffalo, way to make them feel special.

Random notes:

-Brian Gionta is from Rochester and his hockey idol is Pat LaFontaine. He was also the shortest NHLer at 5'7" until Nathan Gerbe came in at 5'5". Why do I know this? I don't know. Last time I checked, Gionta was a NJ Devil. Last, LAST time I checked, he was a Montreal Canadien. Ok then.

-Too bad PK wasn't playing tonight so we could get a reprise on the "f'n geek" situation with Dominic Moore. Maybe that's why Moore played so well tonight, no one making fun of him and hurting his little geek feelings. Who knows.

-Toni Lydman continues his role of making me nuts, but I could add a lot more to the list tonight. He is quite high on it though.

Tuesday we take on the NY Rangers for the last regular home game of the season. I want to get tickets, but then again, DO I? I mean, the Sabres have won 5 of the 7 games I have attended this season, which is pretty good, so maybe I should be there. I would like to be I guess. We'll see what happens with that. Until then, shape up or ship out dudes, I mean it. Game on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment