Saturday, April 10, 2010

Thomas Vanek??!!!

Holy hell, did Vanek have all this pent up awesomeness stored and he just couldn't wait to unleash it tonight? Because that's what seemed to have happened. A hat trick plus another goal is pretty damn awesome, seeing as the fans were beginning to think this team may never beat Ottawa ever again. Maybe you need to go out injured more often Vanek if you will come back and do stuff like that...haha. Awesome job dude!

Derek Roy also got a goal, and has given $26,000 to juvenile diabetes this year, which is also awesome.

I didn't get home to see the game until sometime after the 2nd had started, but had heard in the car they were up 2-0, and I knew that would happen. They are brats when I don't watch, so I think maybe I will watch NONE of the playoff games and maybe they will make it all the way to the cup! hehe. I did see a replay of the gnarly (not good gnarly) hit Drew Stafford took, which will have him out of the lineup for who knows how long. Him and Kaleta man, they are young guys, but get injured a lot. I guess that goes without saying in the NHL though, it's really physical and guys get injured all the time. Sucks to have a lot of injured players right before the playoffs though. Get better soon, all of you!

Random notes:

-Daniel Alfredsson played his 1,002 NHL career game tonight. That is a lot of damn games. My mom was baffled at trying to figure out how old this man was and how long he has been playing. From what I have learned, he is 37 and has been in the NHL since 1995. So that gives you a little look into how the timeline went for that. Awesome for him though, the arena even gave out t-shirts. Geez Sabres, get a little clue with that one huh?

-Tomorrow NY Rangers and Philly play for their little playoff lives. Who do I want to win? I don't really know. I can't help but hate Philly with a passion, but my fiancé probably wouldn't want to know that, so I will keep this under wraps. I will secretly hope for a Rangers win though. My fiancé likes baseball more than hockey anyway so, for the record, GO PHILLIES!!! :D

We just need to win tomorrow Sabres to get into that nice little 2nd place spot (because 1st waved bye bye to everyone a long time ago) and then it's done for the regular season. Zach Parise is cool and all, but we also have a U.S. Olympian, and he was even more awesome at the Olympics, so come on, you can do this! Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment