Monday, April 19, 2010

Sabres vs. Bruins--Game 3

I thought I was frustrated at the last game, but this one tops that for sure. Our one little goal by Mike Grier could have been enough if these guys cared enough to want to keep a lead, or win for that matter. I really think that heart is just not in it for these guys, the way they looked out there was just pathetic. The first period may have been more of a back and forth, but after that, it was like they all checked out mentally for this game. I thought I was watching Timbits players out there or something, guys falling all over, guys getting checked, just overall blah. It makes Boston look like they can take us over physically and the Sabres are like little frail men or something. NEWS: YOU AREN'T! You are big strong men like them! I mean, there were hits all over the place, but the ones that were big and rattled guys all the way through were thrown by Boston. That Johnny Boychuk hit on Matt Ellis was just horrible, I was afraid Ellis wouldn't get back up. It seems like there should have been some kind of penalty on it, but what can you do when a guy is looking down and not at what's coming at him? Nothing really. Tell that guy to watch himself next time. It sucks, but it's hockey 101.

Rask was just right on his game and has been. He is very calm in the net, and even with 3 or 4 guys crowding or getting in there with him, he keeps it all under control. That helps a lot in these high pressure situations when every game is on the line. Miller can have just as much, but he sometimes doesn't get the support in front of the net he needs. There were always a bunch of Boston guys in front of Rask, guarding him, and they didn't leave Buffalo any room to score. If only our guys could give Miller that, it would help out a lot. A whole, whole lot really.

Random notes:

-Even after our loss tonight, no one team (or guy) can feel worse today than Dan Boyle and the San Jose Sharks. Yikes, that was just bad. I feel awful for that guy. I didn't know it was an OT goal too, damn. He will have trouble living that one down for sure. How horrible. :(

-Stafford came back tonight, and Vanek is in some kind of walking cast from what I heard. I don't know how soon that means he will be back, but hopefully it will be soon.

-Gaustad was fiesty tonight, he wanted to get in some guy's faces, Chara included. Him and that stupid cage over his face. He needs to get rid of that thing and let Gaustad just give him one right in the face. I mean, someone did it in the first place. Besides, seeing Paul do it would be so cool. I also see Gaustad's "A" is back, which I like. I still think he should be wearing Craig Rivet's "C", but maybe that's just me...

So, the series is now 2-1 in favor of Boston. We play another game in Boston Wed., before returning to Buffalo for a game Friday. Please win the next one guys, it would be good for the series to be tied. It would be even better to win this series and be done with the Bruins for good wouldn't it? Game on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment