Saturday, January 29, 2011

All-Star Weekend 2011

A little bit of a different topic, no so much Sabres related (well, a little) but, it is all-star weekend in Raleigh, NC.

Tyler Ennis was going down to NC, the only Sabre, and he is going on the rookie team. He was picked by Eric Staal's team, which I think is pretty awesome. He will be with other rookies like Tyler Seguin and it will be awesome for him I'm sure. They only showed him on tv for like 2 mins., but it was cool to see him there. I just can't believe no other Sabres made it. Bummer.

I did like the exchanges between team Lindstrom and Patrick Kane as alternate, with Jonathan Toews. Kept Toews hanging on until the last minute to be picked...haha. All the Blackhawks, including a former one, are on team Lindstrom, and Patrick Sharp is all alone on team Staal. I have players I like on both teams, but I guess I have more faves on team Lindstrom, but it will be a fun game either way, doesn't really matter who wins. I'm just wondering who will be the MVP this year and win the car. Phil Kessel already won a car and $20,000 to any charity he wants for being picked last in the draft. Geez, if only it went that well for everyone picked last at something in life...haha.

So yeah, skills competition tomorrow night and the actual all-star game is Sunday night, I can't wait. It just seems like a fun weekend for the guys, less pressure, the game is really all in fun. It is also some of the best players in the league all in one place, and how can that not be awesome to watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment