Saturday, February 27, 2010

Aces & Blades 2010

Last night was the 5th annual aces & blades function at the hsbc arena. It was a lot of fun, quite expensive to go, but it's an experience for fans.

I didn't do any gambling because I don't usually anyway, and the fact that people planted themselves at players tables and never got up, so it wouldn't have mattered. It was a 21+ event with the Sabres (current and alumni) acting as the dealers for games like blackjack, and also an open bar. I don't drink (much) either, so it was cokes and sprites for me for the night. The food was pretty good, some of it was like hmmm, I'll pass, but for the most part it was nice. The chinese auction of the player made baskets was what I was really looking forward to. I got a sheet of tickets and so did my fiancé, but we didn't win anything :( I put a ton in the Kaleta and Gaustad ones too dammit! haha. He took notes to write an article for buffalo.com and took pictures and things. I got Jason Pominville and Tyler Myers to sign my program while they were walking around, and some pics of some of the guys at the tables:









It was a good time just to go around and see all the players, eat good food, listen to live music, etc. They also had some silent auctions for some signed items and other memorabilia, and even some that wasn't from the sabres like a signed Sidney Crosby jersey. I don't know how much it actually went for, but I'm sure it was a good penny.

Of course the olympians were not in attendance, but they did have the olympic hockey game on the tv's in the harbour club, so that was cool. Team USA vs. Team Canada tomorrow?? On my birthday????! Oh my goodness, this is going to be crazyyyy. I can not wait, I will be planted in front of my tv, cause it's gonna be a good one. Go USA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment