Thursday, February 18, 2010

-whistles-

I have managed to miss pretty much anything going on with team USA men's hockey. I must be getting the schedules messed up, or I'm not home when it's on or something. I did manage to see Henrik Tallinder on team Sweden beat Jochen Hecht on team Germany. Everytime they said "plays for the Buffalo Sabres" I got all :D for them...hehe. I didn't realize they were changing Jochen's number for the olympics and couldn't find him when I started watching the game for a good ten minutes...ughh. Go me.

I think it's too early to be going through the withdrawl of no sabres hockey, but it's happening...sorta. I'm just missing getting all settled in and having it to watch and look forward to after work. I am going to aces and blades next Friday, so maybe that will help with some of this. I have never been to it, but it seems like a lot of fun. My fiancé is covering it as "media" for buffalo.com, so I will be tagging along with him. He tells me "I will be having to take pictures and notes and maybe do interviewing and stuff, so you will be on your own for some parts of the night" I was thinking "hmmm, oh boy, does he know what this might mean??" lol But, I will just be a big dork anyway, so it won't matter. He will probably find me sitting on a chair in a corner drinking coke and doing nothing at all exciting...haha.

I also got tickets to the March 10th game vs. Dallas. I have three games coming up in March, and my fiancé wants to get tickets to the game against Philly (his hometown team) so we will probably be doing that on the 5th as well. Four games in two weeks? Wowzas...hehe. I can't wait though. :)

On a side note, I watched a show on Sidney Crosby and the Stanley Cup on the NHL network. I watched him parade it around his hometown, wash it with dish soap (they allow that I guess??) and his family and friends just being overall proud. Makes me want a Stanley Cup here more than ever. Maybe someday...

Ok, so, March get here now please, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment