Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I have a lot to say tonight.

So, this post might be maybe...a book's length perhaps? I don't know, but I have a lot to say tonight and I have that feeling like, oh boy, my keyboard might not come out of this the same. Yikes. Don't say I didn't warn you...

1st order of business: trade deadline looms

Yes it does, and at 3pm tomorrow, we will know (if anything) happens to the state of the Sabres as we now know them. Now I am pretty sure my father hates Darcy Regier more than anyone, and I have some things that bug me too, but I don't know. I mean, yes, we could use some changes, but maybe he is doing all he can. Maybe with salary caps, contract issues, etc. etc. maybe there just isn't anything else he can do. Maybe he is stuck. Maybe he is just a dumbass, who knows. Point being, I will leave all that stuff up to him. As long as Paul Gaustad is a Sabre, I am ok.

Butttt, I did get a look at players salaries today, and he does have some f-ed up things going on. Because: 1. Thomas Vanek is not worth 7 some million dollars, are you kidding? I don't think so, no way. He has his moments, but my God that is a lot of money. 2. Patrick Kaleta is worth more than a measly 500,000, come on now. A good instigator is a good find, and hey they put Adam Mair on waivers not that long ago, so obviously they don't think his stock is worth much, so PK is pretty much all we could have left at some point. Even if they just gave him a little bit more, the guy takes hits and injuries for the team like crazy, he deserves better than that. 3. A lot of people think we should trade away Stafford and I don't really know why..., I have wanted to trade away Pominville for a while now, but my father said they would never trade a fan favorite, which I guess makes sense, but I don't know what makes him a fan favorite...

2nd order of business: Olympic wrap-up and Miller out of net for the night

Ryan Miller had a hella awesome stint at the Olympics, so of course he deserved some rest tonight. I think he also needed some time to get over the shock that he was coming back to reality with the Sabres, and, no offense to my boys, but they are not the Parise's and Kane's of the NHL, so it's like, oh no, I will miss those dudes. Yeah, it's ok Ryan, we all will. Where is the petition for me to sign to bring Parise to Buffalo? Come onnnn. It's like trading baseball cards, we will give you vanekroypominville for your parise :)

3rd order of business: tonight's game

Ahhh Patrick Lalime. You take a lot of crap, but you also give a lot of it, so are we even now? You made some good saves, but not enough to win us the game brother. A shot from the point on the first one too? Ouch. Just ouch. I did enjoy your star spangled banner trance dance though, very nice.

Toni Lydman was like, how's about a goal? I say why not. Tonight you did not frustrate me as much as you usually do Toni, good job.

PK!! 2 assists to make you Lexus leader! Yay! You are back! I have missed you. Please just don't stop any more goals with your foot, and we will be ok for the rest of the season. Also watch your head...

Derek Roy knew that goal was in from the beginning and he was right! Wowzas.

Who is this Sidney Crosby guy? They won't stop talking about him and I'm sick of hearing about him...

Out of all the nights I'm like, "you know what Gaustad, you should have fought that guy" he never does. He skates away with his profanities and that's about it. Tonight he just busted the gloves off like -bam- and I was thinking "oh ssssss---ugar" and it was on. You got your ass handed to you though boy. You also seemed to injure something in the process which makes me very nervous because I have tickets to the next four home games in a row, and you not being there hurts my heart. I hope everything is ok.

So tomorrow we face Washington (big OH NOOO) and Miller will be back in net. I can't even begin to imagine how this game might turn out. I will be there though, so we shall see. Game on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment