Friday, March 5, 2010

Sabres vs. Washington Capitals

I'm pretty sure the Sabres knew that this game was not going to be a walk in the park, but man oh man, was this game sloppy, and a little bit painful to watch. The crowd was just kind of antsy, frustrated, etc. and they didn't hold any of that back either.

It started out nicely, the olympians got their moment to shine, and the Ryan Miller standing ovation was awesome. I felt so proud to stand amongst all the other fans in Buffalo and let him know how proud we are of him. I clapped until my hands were so sore I just couldn't anymore, it was great. He did an amazing job, and I'm so glad he is in Buffalo.

The game started out with some promise, there was no scoring in the 1st and into the 2nd, so you can't be too upset when nothing is going on. It started out kind of boring, but oh well. Then they scored, but it was ok because Jochen Hecht tied it up for us, and everyone was happy again. Then they scored again and it was like ehhhh, now we have to hussle just to tie this thing. The thing was though, it didn't seem like anyone was. It was just an ehhh effort on the offense's part, cause Ryan Miller was out there kicking butt, blocking shot after shot. I don't know if Roy, Vanek and Pominville were asleep out there or what, but it seemed like it. There were also some bad calls on the refs part, and there was at least one time that Washington should have gotten a penalty, but it never happened. So yeah, bummer game to say the least. The empty net goal with about 40 some seconds left sealed the deal, and that's when most of the arena started to empty out, with a lot of people leaving even way before that.

Random notes:

-I missed seeing the big 28 out there, boooo. :(

-The Tim Horton's cups falling from the rafters on little parachutes during the first intermission was awesome...haha.

-The Kaleta hit on Ovie was awesome, got the arena going for a little bit, put a little fire back into the crowd, but it didn't last long unfortunately.

-I hate sitting in the middle of the row for a game, eh.

So, I have tickets for tomorrow's game vs. Philly. Philly lost yesterday against Florida with a score of 7-4, so I don't know what that says. I heard that Philly was on a pretty good roll before that, so who knows. My fiancé will be going with me and my mom and dad, and he is from Philly, and a Flyers fan. Booo at him. He will be wearing a Flyers jersey amongst a sea of Buffaloians, he better watch out. haha. Hopefully we can produce a win with this one, and secure that top spot in the northeast again...pretty please guys? Game on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment