Friday, March 12, 2010

Sabres vs. Minnesota Wild

This was the last game in the round of tickets I bought for now, and it went out pretty disappointing.

On top of chance after chance for the Sabres, it was just sloppy out there, and Lalime just wasn't in the right element for most of the game, and the crowd started ragging on him pretty much. Maybe it was because we didn't want to lose this one because we just started winning again. Maybe it's because a lot of people really want to put faith in Lalime, but he just doesn't deliver. He will stay at 199 career games won for...who knows how long.

But a lot of guys tonight had chances to score and help things along, and it just didn't pan out. Pominville had a ton of chances, and Hecht has a chance also along with Grier. Thomas Vanek scored the only Buffalo goals, two of them even, which is pretty impressive with the way the top line has been producing lately. Some of them are starting to finally score, but it isn't winning games and as I have heard a million times "they aren't playing 60 minutes".

I kind of wish I could take the tickets I bought for this game and trade them with a game to come...haha. I guess a lot of people feel that way, because the game was pretty much get all excited, nothing happens, get all excited, nothing happens again, repeat. Steve Montador fought someone along the way, but even that was lackluster, he got the name ripped right off the back of his jersey...geez.

So all in all, I wish I could go back in time and get this night back. Sad but true. Miller will play tomorrow in Detroit, starting the road trip, and the team won't be back home until the 24th to take on Montreal. We shall see how this road trip goes. We are still number one in the northeast with Ottawa not playing tonight, but if things keep going like this, who knows for how much longer.

Oh and I bet Gaustad will be back tomorrow, mark my words. I have horrible luck when it comes to this stuff. But, at least I got his signed hat tonight from the St. Patrick's day hat surprise at the arena!



So, at least that was a cool thing tonight. My dad got a Kaleta one like he wanted too, so that was cool.

Game on!!

Oh, and edited to add this:



Drew Stafford, Hotroit sounds like some kind of disease, or at least some ailment I do not want...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment