Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sabres vs. Dallas Stars



Exciting game last night to say the least. Between the back and forth goal scoring, the first goal coming so early and the Kaleta hits, it was a lot to take in.

Tyler Myers had 4 points last night. Redwood was on fireee, made me proud to wear my Myers shirt last night to the game. One goal and three assists, the first goal coming at about a minute into the game. Damn boy. He is awesome, and a very valuable part of our team. I hope he stays in Buffalo for a long, LONG time.

Roy, Pominville and Vanek stepped up and actually had some goals and made their presence felt, right as I was thinking that maybe they weren't part of the team anymore. Roy got an empty netter also, which I'm pretty sure was the first one of the season for the Sabres. Come on bros, how come you guys can never make those? They are great, please do it more often now.

Other "new guy" (not Raffi) got a goal also, Mark Mancari. He also got an assist if I'm not mistaken. I thought he would have been on fire his first game up, but it must have just taken him some time to adjust. Good job Mark.

PK. My goodness, something was up with him, he must have been fired up beyond belief last night. He let Steve Ott have it and then some. I particulary loved how after it was over and he skated to the box his arms up in the air, pumping up the crowd and his "woo" scream. The place went nuts, and I was right along with everyone else. Too bad I was on the far side of the second row in 104, on the side of the Sabres bench and most of the action went along the Dallas bench. Between all the people standing and the view point I had, it was hard to see at times, but still awesome. Someone needs to fire up these games, and PK has been the one doing it. Oh and I loved this quote I saw at Sabres.com:



I loved the "football player on skates" part because I never thought of that, but it's really true. PK is the man.


Random notes:

-My dad caught a practice puck shot over the glass by Toni Lydman. Toni Lydman was by the glass and then pointed to the kid next to my dad for him to give it to the kid. This could be a mixed reaction of "no way Lydman, my dad caught it, it would have hit that kid in the head if he hadn't, it's mine now" or "aww Lydman, you are so cool and nice to children". At any rate, my dad wanted it for me, and he kind of hid it in his lap, until he saw Lydman point at the kid. I mean what can you do? You can't be a jackass to a kid. My dad felt bad because he wanted to give it to me, but I told him not to worry at all. It was a blank one from practice anyway, not a Sabres official game one. If it would have been I would have been like "tough nuggets kid, it's mineee" haha.

-I loved hearing the recap on WGR of the game, complete with the "you want a kick in the butt?" call from RJ. That man is absolutely priceless.

-The Dallas goalie's gold goalie pads were really odd looking.

-Sabretooth still amuses me a lot more than he should.

Pictures:



















Amazing game, really puts some faith back in everyone that we won't lose forever, yay!! Patrick Lalime will play one of the next two games, whether it be home tomorrow vs. Minnesota, or Saturday in Detroit. The guy on WGR was saying that maybe Lindy will let Ryan Miller play Saturday in Joe Louis arena because it is his hometown with his family being there and all that, so who knows. I will be at tomorrow's game, last game at home before the five game road trip. Road trip, oh boy. Get ready guys, and Gaustad maybe will be back tomorrow? Yet?? Come on! :) Game on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment