Friday, March 26, 2010

Sabres vs. Ottawa Senators

Ok, so lots to talk about, and I mean lots.

First off, the Kaleta thing with Mike Fisher. The people saying he dived and embellished it, please. He did no such thing, and if people think he did, well I guess he did a good enough job because he got their "A" man the boot and got us 5 minutes. Sabres didn't do too much with it, but that's another story. It still gets me every time someone comes into contact with those boards, and then there is any kind of hesitation, and then blood. It would freak anyone out really. You don't know what's going on, how hurt they are, etc. It's just not good, and other players need things like that to happen to know that it won't be tolerated. Hits from behind boggle my freakin' mind, just no need for them. Luckily Kaleta wasn't hurt badly. He also got into a gnarly fight with Zack Smith, who is a 'lil bit (not body wise, but age wise somewhat...) and got what anyone would get for getting into it with PK without knowing what their outcome might be. I feel bad for the kid really, he didn't know what hit him...literally. I loved also during one little meeting of the minds that you could hear one of the linesmen say something like "get going Patrick!" or something to that effect. Haha, what a brat he is.

I again thought (as did others) that Gaustad scored tonight, second time in two nights. This time he got the assist and the goal went to Tim Kennedy. Just when I thought wearing my "the goose is loose" hat for the game was bringing good luck. Oh well, either way he got an assist, which is still awesome. Not enough points to save the game however. Jason Pominville also scored, so I guess we can't say the top line did absolutely nothing, but close to it. Lindy was not happy with what they could have done tonight but didn't. His postgame press conference was just tense because he was obviously very pissed off after the game, as were a lot of people.

Toni Lydman took a dumb penalty, Tim Connolly took one also, and it was just not the game for them. There is never a time for them, but tonight especially. Come on guys! I still don't see why Lydman gets as much ice time as he does, gah. Just pisses me off.

So we did not clench a playoff berth or whatever (the word "berth" is just weird), so maybe tomorrow? Huh guys? How 'bout that hmmm? Would you like to maybe? So your children can eat? (I'm getting overdramatic...) but yeah. Maybe we can do this tomorrow, because we know Tampa isn't QUITE as agressive, and we can beat them if we TRY to. I will miss some of the game tomorrow, so that will mean they will probably do awesome, it's just my luck...haha. It would be good for them though. I got tickets for the Florida game on Wed., probably my last of the season, so that should be good. Hopefully this was just a little bump in the road and they can move on from this and get going. Maybe? I sure hope so. Game on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment