Friday, March 5, 2010

Sabres vs. Flyers



It was a little bit dismal for me going into this game. This slump we're in the middle of just sucks, and I wasn't sure what the guys were going to bring to the table tonight.

Pretty good amount of Flyers fans in the arena tonight, more than I thought there would be really. I was happy rockin' my Gaustad jersey (complete with an "A"!!) so it didn't matter to me.

It was odd how tonight's game was almost an exact copy of Wednesday's to start off with. Pretty slow moving, kind of boring, and no score. There were a few more little scuffles here and there, but nothing major, which I thought there would be because of the way Philly is. It was just messy to begin with, actually, almost the whole game was that way, but hey, at least we won it. Adam Mair stepped up and really showed up tonight which was awesome, and he got a lot more ice time because of a Drew Stafford injury that I didn't even know happened. I also didn't know that Tim Kennedy was sick and left the game at some point, or played very little, one or the other. It's sometimes hard for me to keep up without play by play and also everytime I see Sabretooth I stop paying attention to the game completely. I know, that is sad, very sad.

But Tim Connolly came out and locked this one up for us, and it's a good thing too because we desperately need these points. Ryan Miller can only play so kick ass by himself before offense has to come in and start scoring some goals. Also Raffi got an assist! Alright new guy, maybe I am warming up to you after all. Thomas Vanek got a goal, but whatever, I don't like to talk about him because he makes me mad a lot, and the guy behind me kept going "there goes our ten million dollar man!" and he oozed it with sarcasm, I couldn't help cracking up a bunch of times.

Random note: After thinking about this, it might have seemed funny for anyone sitting in our section to see 1. a man in a Kaleta jersey (my dad) 2. a girl in a Gaustad jersey (me) and 3. a woman in a Stafford shirt (my mom) with a guy in a Flyers jersey smack dab in the middle (my fiancé...haha) I would have laughed if I was looking at us really.

So, we are back on top of the northeast division, one point ahead of Ottawa. Sunday is an away game, and depending on the severity of Stafford's injury, someone might have to be called up from Portland. First guess was Tyler Ennis, but he is injured, so I'm thinking it will probably be good 'ol Nathan Gerbe. Ahhh Gerbs, we (maybe) have missed you. So we shall see what happens. Now is really not a good time for a bunch of injuries, and if Stafford's and Gaustad's become prolonged, who knows what will happen. A win tonight though, and hopefully we can keep this going. Game on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment