Monday, January 4, 2010

Don't freak out!

I was just going through a bunch of my stuff to find an old Sabres ticket stub (it's like if it's in my mind to find something, I have to asap or I go all crazy) and I found it to try and remember the last Sabres game I went to:

Sabres vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Tue. Oct. 22nd
2002!!!??!

Wowzas, long time no see eh? I am officially an awful fan, I know this. But yeah I dunno why it's been so long. I went to one of those Powerplay Luncheons and other stuff, but no game. Tickets were real hard to come by for awhile, then there were some times of suckage on their part (hey, it's true). Then there was a whole season where there was no hockey (oh please never let that happen again), so yeah. I have some games to attend to make up for this.

But, onto other Sabres news today:

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=512324

Ok, yeah, we know what this means, happened to Adam Mair not very long ago. So, maybe somebody will pick him up, maybe they won't. Maybe he will stay and play really well and we can all be like "wow Paetsch, look at him go". So there is no reason to flip out, because some people think this means traded, thrown away, left in a dumpster somewhere, not the case friends. It will all be ok, promise!

I feel some sort of a hockey drought from not seeing any for the next two days, it just seems odd to me. Like what to do, what to do. Here are some ideas for those who, like me, wonder on a given hockey-less night, what they can do to occupy their time:

1. Make clay bust of Paul Gaustad's head (although, I would not suggest a. telling anyone you are doing this and b. never bringing it up in public...as a matter of fact, this might be just a CREEPY idea, but hey...)

2. Count the number of dumbass penalties Toni Lydman has gotten over the years (I dare you, it will be highhh)

3. Talk about comparisions between Patrick Kaleta and Matthew Barnaby for like, 2 hours.

4. Daydream about the "better days" when we had Pat LaFontaine as captain (oh, sorry, that just might be my dad's job)

5. Wonder how many times in a given game Kevin Slyvester would like to yell "shut it!" to both Robi and Rob Ray. I bet it's a lot.

6. Admire photos of Harry Neale in his awesome sweaters and wish he was your grandpa.

So, those are some ideas for ya. If those things do not work, I'm sorry. You will just have to wait until the Sabres are back on and all can be right again. Game on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment