Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sabres vs. Anaheim

My father decided that at about hmmm, quarter after 9 this morning that he would like to get his disatisfaction with Jason Pominville off his chest. Now usually, neither myself or my father are what you would call "morning people" but at soon as he asked "what did you think of that game last night?" we were both off and running. Now the Pominville thing has been my dad's grief for awhile now. "Getting paid all that and you are a pro player, you don't do things like that" is what he would say. I remember him screaming at the tv "Pominville you keep going wide! What is wrong with you??" in the past weeks, and so on. Now yes, in my opinion Pominville needs to fix himself up a bit out there. He is scoring at times yes, but last night ughhh, my frustration was runnin' high.

Now I have said it before, Patrick Lalime needs more time out there, plain and simple. He needs to play more and maybe he could improve. But letting four in in such a short time? He's gotta go, time to bring Miller in. I thought after three he might be taken out, but Lindy waited until it seemed all was lost. Gahhh. It was late, I did not want to be screaming like a crazy psycho, I did not want the neighbors calling the cops, but I couldn't help it. Then Miller came in and I was actually breathing a sigh of relief, and the tempo of the whole game changed.

Three goals came up pretty quick and then it was like, maybe we can do this, it's only one more goal to tie it up and we can at least get the one point. But after that lovely show by Pominville (ughh, man come onnn) it was seeming pretty out of reach. Hecht scored that desperation goal with about 56 secs. left, but that was also with 6 men on the ice. So, it was a loss after all. I give it up to these guys they were probably very exhausted from travel and back to back games (as the dumbass announcers kept reminding us all) and everything. So, it's ok, we'll get it all back I'm sure.

About those announcers though, yikes. Rick needs to come back like, NOW. I would have even taken Kev Slyvester at this rate. The whole gang needs to be back together, Rick, Harry, Robi, all of them, it just isn't the same and I don't like it. :(

Another thing, what is with Gaustad and seeming like he doesn't want to fight lately? He was pretty much being put in a chokehold last night against the glass and was like hmmhmm oh well. I was like man, let that dude have it! Maybe he is just not into the stupid penalties this season, but it's nice to see him fight a little bit sometimes (not a lot, just a lil bit though).

On to L.A. tomorrow and I just don't know what to expect at this rate. I don't know if Lindy will attempt to put Lalime in again or if Miller is planned to be in net for the rest of the road trip or what. I'm sure with a little rest and all that the guys will be back to their normal game winning selves in no time though. Game on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment