Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sabres vs. San Jose

I knew this game seemed scary from the start. I mean, I knew their record was good going in, but the guys held their own for almost the whole thing, then in the 3rd period it started to really crumble.

Tim Connolly is on a hot streak though, 14 point streak and I really hope he can keep it going. He scored one along with Pominville (ok, I guess you are getting better...ha) but, it didn't turn out in our favor. I still had fun watching because it started out high paced, and the west coast announcers are all "yay!" about that, and they also love to talk about Tyler Myers and Ryan Miller. However, announcer man, your Rick Jeanneret impersonation was awfullll, please don't ever do that again...haha. Somewhat amusing though at the same time. Just one more game and we will have Rick back! WOOO!

Gaustad got two penalities last night I think it was, and he was unhappy to go to that box. Conversation in my living room as follows as Gaustad goes to the box:

my fiancé: get in there and stop yelling (how rude)
my dad: geez, he needs to shave
my mother: -probably asleep by this point-
me: =(

So yeah, we didn't win. I got frustrated and turned the tv off after the Sharks made it 5-2 with about less than a minute left in the game. I was feeling cranky and sleepy as it was, so I just went to bed. It's been a long road trip, and I guess the dudes just need to get back to Buffalo and have a few games here and maybe try and get some rest. I would probably be dead if I had to do traveling like that and then be doing a physical sport on top of it.

Other randoms:

My dad loves to point out to me as they show the top goal scorers on the top teams in the league. "Look who's number one" ehhh dad, I do not like Patrick Kane. I know he's from Buffalo and all, but whatever.

During the intermission they showed other games highlights and I got all giddy that Brad Richardson scored for L.A. last night. I just like him, I can't help it.

What is with the goal horns on the west coast? They are like submarine sounding things and they are really weird. I heard it in Anaheim and was thinking "wow, highly annoying and odd sounding". Just not used to that I guess.

Tyler Myers is still growing! He might be 7 feet tall by the end of the season! Geez man, he is gonna be bumping into doorways if he isn't careful. Don't boys grow up until the age of 21 in some cases? Wowzas.

On to Vancouver tomorrow, and I'm not sure what to expect. A win would be good just to tie this up for them to come home. I'm getting all anxious for their return to Buffalo because I have tickets for Wed. and I also got tickets for the Washington and Minnesota games coming up in March. :) Game on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment