Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hmmm...

Ok, so I missed the first period completely, but got in the car sometime in the beginning of the 2nd to hear the awful awesome play by play of Kevin Slyvester. The radio usually makes me ehhh, because I need more visualizations and all that, but it's better than nothing. I know Mike Grier got a goal at some point on the ride home, and then I busted into the apartment so I could see the whole 3rd period on a good old fashion tv set.

Now from what I had heard from those actually watching the 1st period was that Miller looked "shaky" and he just seemed kind of out of it, and we were down by one at that point. So, I don't know, but things shaped up when Stafford scored in the third and tied us 2-2. OT went by and then it was time for dundundun...a shootout!

Now, not to hate on my dudes here, but they seem to kinda choke a lot of times on these. Lindy's choices for shooters also boggles my mind most of the time. I yell at my tv with such a fierceness! The obvious choices seem to always be Stafford, Vanek, Roy, Connolly, and then down from there to Hecht and MacArthur if needed (which has been the case). Butttt, there are times he throws someone in there like, ummm, excuse my Lindy, why in the world would you do that??! Now, I love P. Kaleta, I really do, but in the shootout? Nonono. You can say he scored the other day, yes, but Mike Grier scored TONIGHT, put him out there. So it goes that PK misses and the game comes to a close.

A point is a point though friends, and I have to give it up to them, because the game looked like it could have easily been a complete wash. With it being not that far into the road trip, a complete loss would not have been good at this point. Kevin Slyvester, you get a honorable mention because well, it takes a big person to fill those shoes in that booth, and you did...pretty alright for a noob. He also taught me a few things, like the fact that Paul Gaustad wears contacts. This I did not know. Thanks Kev for the info! Just don't quit your day job...ha.

Game on!!

Oh, and random note: me and my father saw Bill Hajt in a restaurant the other day, and my dad goes on to talk to him and I go on to have that "we're gonna win that cup" song stuck in my head for the last handful of days. Now of course I would have trouble recognizing this man in public, seeing as my father was just a kid when he played, but my dad knew right away...dang. It's not like standing next to Jason Pominville in Wegman's and watching him order some kind of ham, but it's close.

No comments:

Post a Comment