Friday, January 22, 2010

Sabres vs. L.A. Kings

From the start of this game, it seemed like this team was fierce. I mean, they aren't really high in the standings or anything, but they gave off a vibe like, "mess with us and see what happens" so, I was a little bit intimidated I must say.

Now I am thinking "oh cool, late starts are cool" but the thing is, I was actually kind of tired before the game even started. It's hard to remember specifics when you are just groggy like that. Clarke MacArthur scored one for us in the 1st period (it helped to bring that -10 to a -9 at least...) and then Tommy Vanek scored in the 2nd period to make it 2-1 because the Kings scored somewhere in there. Oh yeah, it was in the 1st and they had that awesome breathless interview with Brad Richardson (yes -breath- I -breath- scored -breath- please -breath- give me -breath- a -breath- second to catch my breath) so that was amusing to say the least.

2nd starts off 2-1 Sabres and it's all high action and fast paced and the l.a. announcers seem to like that...a lot. 2nd period looks like it might end in our favor when some old geezer (ha) from the Kings scored to tie it up 2-2 to end the 2nd period. Damn damn.

Craig Rivet scored very early in the 3rd to restore some hope that this could happen. Being ahead by one is always nice, but with almost a full period left to play, it seems unrealistic to say it would stay that way. Kings tied the game 3-3 with about 12 mins. left in the period and it was uh-oh ville (which is what Pominville could always be re-named, it seems appropriate at this point...). A shootout looms in the distance, but hey now wait, what time is it? Am I in bed at this point? Yes. Have I missed things here and there from falling in and out of sleep? Yes. Did I miss the shootout? Of course I did. Thank goodness for MSG's replay of the game this morning, because reading about it is just never the same ya know.

Shootout players chosen (Pominville? why must you keep tourturing us Lindy?) starts off with Stafford though, and he makes it look easy. So they score, we score, Jason goes ehhh and misses, but then they miss too. Connolly, come on buddy you have to help us....oh. Well, at least we got one point, which is ok at this point. Ryan Miller is point hungry, and he gets to eat up one at least.

A few random things:

-It was Jason Pominville's 300th consecutive played game with the Sabres. It's like that kid in high school who never missed a day all four years. Like whoa man, how do you do that? What an over-achiever you are. -throws confetti-

-Brad Richardson is cute and his hair was all crazy and him not being able to catch his breath made me crush on him. I am a weirdy, yes.

-Lindy, pleasepleasePLEASE shake up this shootout line-up for the love of Stu Barnes. I get it, I get it, it works sometimes. But Pominville should be in time out for now because he hasn't been all that good and maybe someone like Hecht should be there, he deserves it. He delivers better than Domino's.

-I wish they would mic up guys sometimes, the sabres never do that. Well they used to, but they have since stopped, I don't know why though, it was awesome. I want one sabre every few games just mic-ed up for fun. Paul Gaustad would be nice, but then again, do they have enough money and time to censor all that? Even reading lips can give me a good idea what he's saying sometimes. My goodness Paul, you kiss your mother with that mouth? ha

So, as it goes, on to San Jose tomorrow night. Seems scary, again, because I'm pretty sure they are the leaders in the west. Yes they are. My gosh, even their stats are kinda scary. The boys better prepare for this one really well because it looks like they will need it. One point and only two road games left (thank GOD). Game on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment