Saturday, January 9, 2010

I don't even know.

The beginning of this whole "game" made me all "booo" because I could feel the happiness being taken away. Like "uh-oh dudes, don't let this go to your heads" but it seemed like it was going to be a bad night. Poor Patrick Lalime gets crapped on by a lot of people, but the poor guy has a tough spot. Everyone and their mama loves Miller, and he knows it, so Lalime can only get in there every once in awhile, and just needs more games played to get his record up and get his game play on. That can not be achieved though, when you know the fans want to see Miller and well, he delivers wins. I thought that Lalime did an excellent job, and yeah, some goals were given up, but ya know, it takes a whole team to stop them from going in, not just your goalie. I think all the guys tonight just seemed ehhh, like it was all going in slow-mo, and the road trip hasn't even started yet.

Butttt, we were able to tie it up by some goals from Drew Stafford, Thomas Vanek and Jochen Hecht (needed a call up to Toronto my ass). Tommy Vanek, 1st goal in 7 games huh? Wow. Derek Roy, are you still with us? Yeah, I dunno. There are just some people that don't seem to be pulling their weight to me. Yes, Vanek leads the team with 12 goals, but he scored triple that in a season not so long ago. Soooo, you decide. He has it in him, we all know. I know the season still has a ways to go though, so we shall see. Maybe I will be eating my words come Spring...

Let's get to the meat here though people, that DAMN SHOOTOUT. Now, shootouts in general make me sweaty, nervous, a mental case, etc. I wasn't sure who Lindy would have enough confidence in to send out there, but I knew it would probably be Stafford first. The whole back and forth of it all had me (and my parents) screaming at the tv like nutcases. Lindy made some unusual choices in my opinion, but I think everyone was thinking "it won't take more than those couple names on the sheet" but yeah, well, it did. A lot more. 22 shooters in all is what it took. Pominville (uhh), Tallinder??! (umm, ok) Tyler Myers (I get it, but oh my it was so bad, even he gave himself the omg what the hell did I do? face) and so on and so on. Lalime can only take so much it seems. Poor guy tried, he really did. I give him a ton of credit for tonight because he made a lot of good saves. Good job Limey!

Ok ok now. We have 7 games on the road now and won't be back home until the 27th vs. the devils (and I will be there!! :) One point in the right direction and praying for some love on the road. Come on boys!! Game on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment