Sunday, January 3, 2010

Miller???!!!

So yeah, Ryan Miller was a superstar today. Not saying he hasn't been for almost all of the season, but there were times I was like ummm, please wake up and join the team will ya? But today he totally rocked it, and one more shutout to tie him for the top number of them in the league ain't too shabby either.

After I got over the initial "hey it's daylight and I'm watching hockey", it was all pretty good. I really thank Connolly for that goal because without it, well, let's just say we would have all been watching for a lot longer...ha. That dude has been on fire lately too, showing he's worth the big bucks I guess. Good job bro.

Gaustad was a little fiesty today it seemed, like those Canadiens were gettin' under his skin. A player on Montreal wanted to rumble with Staffard, and Gaustad skated over like "excuse me, leave him alone" like pushing Drew to the side and getting in the middle. Drew doesn't fight a lot, so that might have been the reason why. I was just thinking "damn that Gaustad, he is loyal as hell" and he really is. A very good quality to have on your team for sure.

Side notes:

Kaleta pleaseee for the love of Stu Barnes come back. If Craig freakin Rivet is getting the Carubba collision of the game, we know something is off! Whatever kind of "lower body injury" you have, it must be serious because you have been gone what feels like months. We need you. Thanks.

They always put Kevin Slyvester in the weirdest places during away games. I don't know why they just can't find a nice, quiet place for him to broadcast from. They're like "stand here Kev" and here comes people, players, doors of glass closing in front of him, geez. Poor guy probably loves his awesome broadcasting booth at the arena. I would never leave it if I were him.

I miss Robi when he's not around. That might make me some kind of crazy person, but I don't care.

Don't use the damn rinse hold on your dishwasher, cause I'm pretty sure Gaustad will come to your house and spill all that excess water on your furniture. Gaustad must be the Al Gore of the Sabres. Ha.

So friends, 2 more points in the direction we need, and all is well. I will be at the game on Wed. vs. Tampa Bay, and I'm sure I will come back with pictures and things to write about. Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment